Single sign-on and authentication by channel, role, etc We have a good deal of experience with this. There are multiple options depending on the system accessing the illustrations.
- LDAP / Active Directory works best for integration with the client company's own systems running on the same infrastructure, not really suitable for 3rd party integration
- User info supplied in headers + query of 3rd party component or web service for access control and other information. As we’ve done for another client company, user name is supplied by the calling portal via headers, and the illustration session would query a provided .NET assembly that would supply the user's access group, site and brand; the illustration session would be tailored based on the result
- 2 step token based data transmission. 3rd party would call a Novinsoft supplied web service and transmit the user information, the web service would return an access token; the caller would then initiate an illustration system with the token and the user info would be loaded into the illustration and the session tailored based on the specifics
- Direct POST submission of data
- Full ACORD bi-directional integration for new business and inforce via TXLife transactions is also available
- The re-use of components across platforms translates to value for client companies - lower development and maintenance costs
- A cross-platform UI accessed via URL or bookmark also means instant distribution of the latest software version; bypassing the app store.
- And, a more uniform user experience across platforms